iTunes Match: More Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hrothgar, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

This is my second try at iTunes match. I'm still somewhat bewildered.

For example, I recently ripped two Santana albums from CD, using ALAC. After running Match, I now have in my library two copies of each album. One set is the ripped ALAC version. The second set, from Match, contains both "matched" songs and "uploaded" songs. And all songs of this second set have the "available for download" symbol. Most are 256 kbs, but some are 128.

Next question -- why would these Match song have different bit rates and different status?

Second, I assume I want to delete/hide these second songs? I don't need this low-bit rate stuff in my library. But then, what is the status of these songs in the cloud? Are they available?

Another album that I ripped from CD now has a second copy of 256 kbs "matched" songs. If I try to delete the "Matched" copy, I get a warning that it will delete the songs from all synched devices. But I want to keep the regular/ALAC version on my iPhone and iPod.

2. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

What am I supposed to do when I've got the same song title, with the same date added, same bit rate (256), both say "Matched", but one has the download symbol and the other is 3 seconds longer?