iTunes Match / Music Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iGrainger, Jun 14, 2012.

1. iGrainger macrumors member

iGrainger

I wonder if anybody could help. I installed iOS 6 BETA on my iPhone 4S last night, and it doesn't seem to be playing any music whatsoever. iTunes Match seems to have bugged out entirely. I tried to sync across music, turned off iTunes Match, and it doubles up every single song and playlist, one works, the other doesn't.

Does anybody know how to fix this annoying bug? I completely understand it's a BETA, and things won't work, but this is a bit ridiculous. I'm not the only person with this bug. iTunes Match doesn't seem to be working at all on the 4S, no music plays, it just skips through the songs to the end of the playlist without playing anything, and it's making me want to revert to 5.1.1.

Does anybody know anything about this? I haven't seen any threads on it, nor seen anybody else complain about it, other than myself and a couple of close friends.

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

itunes match is fine on my iphone 4 running ios6

3. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Are you on wifi when trying to play songs? If not do you have iTunes match over cellular data turned on?

It's working on my 4S on iOS 6. The lack of a cloud next to songs not stored locally is somewhat annoying but there is still a download all option at the bottom of playlists to download and store certain content on the phone

4. iGrainger thread starter macrumors member

iGrainger

I'm on WiFi at home. Cellular data turned on. Doesn't play any songs whatsoever. Just skips through them all, it's really odd.

5. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Mine does the same. It'll play a few songs here and there but skips through most. I don't think its limited to Match though, last night I disabled Match and downloaded a handful of playlists right to the phone and still experienced the problem.

I reported this on the apple developer bug site. I vaguely recall a similar experience with the iOS5 beta (although iTunes Match was in early beta too then so stability wasn't really expected then.. )

6. dspalton macrumors 6502a

Happened to me when I updated to iOS 5
    I thinks it's restoring all the music.
    In the backup menu/ option, does it say that this iPhone can't have anything done as its being restored?

Dave

7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I'm having the same issue. iTunes Match will turn itself off in settings when I perform a restart of the iPhone 4S. When I re-enable, it will not play any music. Nor will it delete the previous iTunes music on the iPhone as it warns.

I finally got the majority of functionality (as in it will play most of my songs) by toggling iTunes Match and turning the iPhone on and off multiple times. I still have problems though with the player displaying a completely different song, corresponding artwork to the wrong song, but playing the audio to the track I had intended.

iOS 6 music player is SUPER buggy...

8. kireinatenchi macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4. I can barely get my music to load. When it does I can access the artist and the album. When I click on one of those, there are no music files. My iTunes match turns itself off. I have done all sorts of things to fix it. I can't even play one song on my phone now. I am beyond disgusted at this point.

9. billin, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

billin macrumors newbie

also skips songs

I upgraded to the final release of iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S, but I'm still suffering from the problems described by the original poster. Initially, I had problems with iTunes Match continually shutting itself off, then it would seem to load part of my music, but when I selected any artist or album, it would show a bunch of tracks with empty names and 0:00 length, none of which would play, of course. Finally, I did a full backup to and then restore from iCloud, and that fixed those issues.

However, now though it seems my full library is available, it will skip certain songs. For example, I have a playlist which used to play with iTunes Match when I was on iOS 5. Now, when I will select the first song, it shows the album art for a split second, then it will skip to the next song, show the album art for a split second, and so on and so forth until the 6th song, which will play. I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason why some tracks play and others skip. Anyone figure this one out?

EDIT: Well, I figured out how to solve this issue. Basically, you:
    1) Go to Settings -> Music and turn off iTunes Match
    2) Go to Settings -> General -> Usage -> Music and then delete your existing music
    3) Go back to Settings -> Music and turn on iTunes Match

Once it reloaded from the cloud, the music started playing fine. All's well that ends well, I guess, but what a painful process this has been...

10. jhjohn01 macrumors newbie

Fix for me

I was having this exact problem and just figured out how to fix it (it worked for me at least.) I had clicked on a song to play and while it was cycling through all the songs in the playlist i scrolled to the bottom and hit the download button that would download all songs. A pop up box then came up saying "the itunes terms and conditions have changed" or something like that. I clicked on the link and it opened the itunes store app, where I was eventually able to just agree to the new conditions. This then allowed me to download and play songs that are in my icloud account.

Note: when it first brought me to the screen to agree to the new conditions the box and screen kept flickering (probably because the music app was still cycling through songs). So, what i would do to avoid this is just go into the music app, scroll to the bottom of a playlist (without clicking on any songs) and hit the download button. This should allow you to then directly agree to the new terms.

I was really frustrated with this so I made this account to help you guys. hopefully this explanation works for you all.

Edit: I just read the solution posted above and I had already tried that first, but it didn't work for me. So if it doesn't work for you as well just do what I said and hopefully it will work.

11. Marshall Stacks macrumors newbie

Thanks. After fooling around all day, this was the ONLY thing that worked for me