iTunes Match not working 8.0-8.0.2 (ip6+)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Shan S., Oct 7, 2014.

1. Shan S. macrumors member

Is anybody having issues with iTunes Match not working with the iPhone 6/6+?

I have tried since I picked up the 6+ since day one... It has been updated to ios 8.0.2 but the problem has been there since 8.0.

On the phone my library never fully appears ( just a few artists and songs) nor do any play lists ever appear. Also if I try to download a song. It just doesn't happen.. It starts the download and then stops.

It seems to work fine with ios 8 on the iPad. So not sure what is going on.

I have the settings to show all songs and videos and have turned on iTunes Match.

While troubleshooting I fully reset the phone to factory and then tried too get match to work... Still had issues.. So pretty sure it is the software build for the new phones and not a hardware issue...

Anybody else get it to work? If so what did you do?

2. epphllps macrumors 6502

The only issue I'm having on my end involves very very choppy playback on my 6+ when connected to wifi. It's very choppy and cuts out way too much. Half the time I look and it has actually stopped playing the song completely.

Now over cellular I haven't had any issues playing songs from match. Also, all my songs do show up and even the ones I have recently added.

I am currently running 8.1 beta 2, but when I was on 8.0.2 it worked flawlessly. Enable and disable iTunes Match and sign out and back in to your Apple ID on the phone. Then try a hard reset. That is what I would do at first.

3. Shan S. thread starter macrumors member

OK thanks for information! I will try again with the signing out / signing in and resetting...

4. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

5. Shan S. thread starter macrumors member

Hmm OK thanks.. Yea I posted in a few other forums too.. Does not seem to be a common problem..

Must be something with my account and how its set-up on the phone.

Shan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Turn match off on the phone and sign out, now go into iTunes then iTunes Store, go to your account and remove the phone from the devices list.

Finally re-setup iTunes match on the phone.

7. Shan S. thread starter macrumors member

Tried all those items you mentioned(thanks!).... However it still does not work...

Should I remove all devices? Then add them all back?