iTunes match on iPad no artist artwork?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aoaaron, Mar 28, 2012.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

hey, i just got my iPad match working on my iPad but on the artists view... there is only artwork for a few albums (the ones which i synced from my PC!!)

is there a fix for this?

all albums have artwork except 1...

2. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I haven't had that issue with iTunes Match at all. But looking on the Apple Forums, it appears that you're not the only person with this issue. One thing they recommend is to go to Settings - Music and turn "Group by Album Artist" off.

3. aoaaron, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think i detailed my problem well.

All my album artwork syncs bar one.

However in the music app about 20% of the artists have a thumbnail.

I'm going to try ur fix now. if it doesn't work, then i'll have to dump iTunes match. :(

edit: ur fix seems to be working actuality! thank you. the only problem i have though is if the artwork is coming to albums now? ? how long does it usually take to sync?

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

How long it takes to sync probably depends on the number of songs in your library, internet/network connection speed, etc, so it's hard to give a specific timeframe.

5. astral125 macrumors 6502

I have never synced my iPad with a computer but as soon as I turned on iTunes match on the iPad, all my music showed up as available to download including album art. I wish I could be more help, but I thought I would mention it works fine for me.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Highlight the tracks in the albums without artwork

press CMD+I

Untick the box saying this is part of a compilation

If that won't bring the artwork after a re-search for it, then there may not be any...Not all albums are covered.