iTunes Match on PPC computers

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Beavix, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Has iTunes Match stopped working on PPC computers recently?

I'm using Leopard and iTunes 10.6.3 on a PowerMac. I can login and activate iTunes Match but it doesn't download anything. The iTunes Match status icon displays the cloud with a thunderbolt icon.

I may be dreaming but I remember it was working a couple of months ago.

2. L Oquence, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

L Oquence macrumors regular

L Oquence

worked just fine for me

[​IMG]

... bout a week ago :cool:

I did have trouble uploading all of my songs at first though but that seems to be an issue ppc or intel. i just had to restart the uploader a few times.

3. Beavix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I tried on my PowerBook and it's the same: I can log in and upload music into the cloud but iTunes refuses to connect and display the rest of my iTunes Match music library. Works fine on the rMBP and the iPhone.

So it looks like they left the PowerPC users out?

Some people have the same problem:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6845221

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Wouldn't be the first time. Probably more likely that they made some kind of update or something on their end that ended up messing up PowerPC Macs. They are never in a rush to fix it when that happens.

As an example, last year the streaming radio feature of iTunes became inoperable for PowerPC Macs because Apple did something with their servers. If you had an Intel Mac, everything was fine.

Apple got around to fixing it (or it fixed itself) but PowerPC Mac users could not stream internet radio (except through a direct link) there for a while.

5. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Same issue here. I haven't used my G4 in weeks and now that I'm on vacation thought I'd try out the Pro Speakers with some songs I recently purchased. I can download anything that I've purchased but Match is not functioning.