iTunes Match - Purchasing new music content

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macman4789, May 15, 2013.

1. macman4789 macrumors regular

Hi,

I've recently made the switch to iTunes Match to have all my music media in the cloud and to be fair it's done a really good job.

Now my question is when I want to purchase a new album say on iTunes do I have to physically download it onto my machine first and then delete it to have it in the cloud and not on my machine? Basically I don't want to be physically downloading the albums/songs I just want to purchase them and then be able to listen to them via iCloud (streaming).

Secondly has anyone gotten around this when downloading from Amazon music?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Chris

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I believe it will start to download on the device you purchased the content. Everywhere else it will sit in the cloud.

3. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered an album that dropped last night (early this morning) and it downloaded right when I opened up my iTunes on my iMac. My question is with my iPhone and iTunes Match. All of my music is in the cloud and it streams perfectly but with this album, it doesn't. I've turned the iTunes Match off and then back on, cellular data download is checked and it won't let me stream it on my phone.

I can hit 'Show Entire Album' and the download button is there but it doesn't let me click it.

Any suggestions on how to make this music available on my phone via the cloud? I purchased iTunes Match so I would have more open space on the phone and I don't want to 'download' the music to the phone, I just want to stream it.

Thanks!

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

That doesn't sound right.

I have found sometimes iTunes Match is funky, it corrects itself if I leave it and come back hours later or the next day.

You could, and might should contact Apple Support.

5. Boogsephine, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013

Boogsephine macrumors 6502

I chatted with a service tech for about an hour and we couldn't get the issue resolved. Tried signing in and out of my Apple ID, restarting phone, auto download, etc.. nothing.

They're having a service tech call me when I'm at home with my iMac and hopefully it'll be resolved. :)

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't even check the artist name. Most of my albums by this band start with a number and this album they spell the name out. So the music was there but under a different 'artist' even though one of the downloaded songs I renamed the album artist in iTunes.

/face palm