iTunes Match Question Before Pulling the Trigger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by downingp, Dec 31, 2011.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

I am very interested in iTunes Match, especially since I have an iMac and Mac mini and would like to be able to "sync" the two together and be able to access either library. I plan on having my "local" library on my iMac since that is where it has always lived and have my Mac mini stream the music from iTunes match. When I enabled home sharing between the two computers, I was not able to control thei shared library on my mac mini with the remote app on my iPhone (presumably because I was streaming the music from the local iMac). My question is, will I be able to use the remote app on my iPhone with iTunes match enabled on my Mac mini?
    Also, all of my music is in apple lossless format. If I enable iTunes match on my local iMac, I won't lose my apple lossless files formthe 256k versions will I?

Thanks in advance.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Where the lossless files exist already they will persist, but if you download the matched version it will be 256 kbps. That is also true of uploaded Lossless files that are not matched. When you download them from iTunes Match, you get 256 kbps (vbr) AAC.

I haven't tried the remote app since enabling iTunes Match.

B

3. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a