iTunes Match question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tl01, Dec 1, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I haven't yet set up iTunes Match and I would love to do it. The issues is... I don't know the origins of all my music... My music collection starts from back when I was in college and my ex bf used to make mix CDs for me which I then put on my computer. Looking back at it... I have no idea if those song were legit and don't even know what songs they were now. Also, he used to use my computer and may have downloaded music to it. There stuff on there I never listen to... And that I don't remember putting on there. I guess I could delete what I am sure I don't have the discs for etc... But I know I'll never get it perfect. What would you do?

2. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I would just subscribe, it's an awesome service, I love it! I have a ton of stuff in iTunes that I have no clue where it came from, didn't matter. Everything uploaded and I can listen on my phone, another computer, iPad, wherever!

3. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Just subscribe. All my torrented music worked just fine.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just don't want to get matches for stuff that might not be mine as that seems dishonest. To complicate things... There are songs I know he put on discs and later I downloaded the albums or bought them legitmately... And I don't even have those original discs anymore as I have back ups of my music instead.