iTunes Match Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 10, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Do you have to keep the songs on your Mac to have them in iCloud? I.e. I delete music to save space, would they still be in my iTunes Match collection when I resync?

2. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

You can do, as long as you delete, and NOT select "delete from iCloud".
    You would also lose them all if you cancel your iTunes Match subscription, to they decide to drop it.
    I do not think that the iTunes Match take up is huge, so I think it might go the way of Ping.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I also think that despite their promotion of it on iTunes Radio, iTunes Match won't be around much longer. Although it has become a great value with iPhone streaming of music.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I would keep a local back up. I also don't think it will end up like Ping, because they just launched it in other countries just recently (March of 2014). Ping only lasted 2 years.

5. impaler macrumors 6502

+1. ALWAYS keep local backups. Don't trust the cloud 100%, you'll be sorry at some point.

6. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

I have one machine that has the local library, other use match to access content.
    If only iTunes Radio pushed itself out to us here in the uk, that was one reason why I bought iTunes Match, now in its second year.

7. Jstuts5797, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

iTunes Match Question

I HEAVILY rely on iTunes Match. I would hate to see it go the way of ping. Ping really didn't seem to have much usefulness or convenience to it where as iTunes Match does.