iTunes Match question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dannyyankou, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

So I had an iTunes Match subscription, and then I subscribed to Apple Music. My iTunes Match subscription expires in seven days. If I let it expire, will my previously uploaded songs disappear, or will they stay on Apple Music? I have probably thousands of sounds that I uploaded before I subscribed to Apple Music and I don't want to lose them.

Thanks

2. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I had Match and let it expire last month. For me, I didn't notice any difference. All of the songs I uploaded through Match are still there in My Music and I can stream them from all my devices at will. All of the AM I put into My Music when I subscribed to AM is all there as well--as expected. I have all of my copies of My Music that I own on two external drives so I don't need local copies since I usually only stream music. So you should be fine.

3. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I would download everything and transfer them to my external hard drive but I don't have enough local storage to do that. I have everything uploaded on google music anyway, so I think I'll let it expire. But it'll be a hassle getting everything back onto Apple Music if I lose it.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

You won't lose it as long as you subscribe to AM.