itunes match questions: play counts

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by johnsmith007, Mar 15, 2015.

1. johnsmith007 macrumors newbie

Good evening,
    i'm thinking about purchasing the Itunes Match-service but I still have some questions about problems, where i don't know if apple has resolved yet or not. For me the correct syncs of plays and last played-tags are very important.

1) do play counts synchronise between iOS-devices and my mac correctly?

2) has apple resolved the play count-issue in iOS 8.2 where plays went from 1 play to 3 plays to 6 plays and so on?

Thank you

john

2. johnsmith007, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015

johnsmith007 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. johnsmith007 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there someone out there that can confirm that play counts are updating correctly if playing from a iOS device?

Thank you

4. iDento macrumors regular

iDento

Playcounts doesn't work for me and iTunes is even buggier now which means that album arts sync. is even worse than before.

5. jk73 macrumors 6502

I like iTunes Match, but play counts don't seem to sync across devices. For that matter, if I listen to a song 10 times on my iPhone, the play count in iTunes doesn't seem to update (unlike, e.g., my iPod shuffle, which does seem to play well with iTunes).

This isn't the end of the world, but I always laugh when I think that, eight years ago (!), Steve Jobs said the iPhone was the best-ever iPod. All these years later, it still doesn't seem to handle play counts correctly.