Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I currently have a small library of music, estimated at 5k songs. Most are from rips from CD's I've accumulated over the past 10+ years, and the sound quality is questionable. When streaming in my car via bluetooth, I find myself constantly changing volumes per song because of bad quality vs good quality.

My question is, if I activated itunes match, deleted my entire library on my Macbook Pro, re-downloaded all the songs of higher quality, how do I get them to my iphone, if I deleted all the old music off my iphone, would I just sync normally, and all the new music would sync? Or do I have to turn itunes match off on my phone and then sync....

I heard its a little bit of a pain to replace music, I have backups, so I am ready to match my music, but I want my music on my phone so I don't have to download from the cloud anytime I listen.

EvilC5

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
Hanover MD
You can turn match on the iPhone on, and then download what you need or want. I don't know if I would redownload the entire library again. I have my ~15000 songs up, and I put what I want on my phone via wifi at home listen to them, then delete and get different ones. I can also access my library at work, etc. I'm pretty happy with it, I was skeptical at first but now happy.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I want all the songs to be on the phone, so when I stream in the car, it doesn't have to download while playing over bluetooth and destroy the battery, I leave it in my pocket and its easy.

I'd like to basically just upgrade my songs and have em in the cloud for my ipad, but have songs on my iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.