iTunes Match: recent matched vs uploaded ratio summer 2019

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by drcharlie, Jul 16, 2019.

1. drcharlie macrumors newbie

During the past several years, iTunes Match has "matched" nearly all of my songs. During the last 2 weeks to month, it seems almost none of my songs are matching. More concerning is that I had "matched" a handful of songs from a couple of albums about 6 months ago; I tried to match a handful more from those same albums and all songs were "uploaded".

Are other iTunes Match users having a similar experience of very few songs getting "matched" lately?

I very much hope the iTunes Match service is maintained and works well in the future.

2. Eisselmann macrumors newbie

Yup. It ups almost everything I match although it‘s in the iTunes library.
    Perhaps they wanna force fill up the 25000 tracks!?!?

3. drcharlie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. It’s quite helpful to know the problem is on Apple’s side. Nothing I can do to improve matching.

I like using iTunes Match. I expect it works better for iTunes to deliver their matched songs instead of my uploads. I hope they aren’t trying to phase out Match.

4. Tech198 macrumors G5

Either this is failing accidentally,, or Apple is forcing this in a way to get people to use Apple music.. Clever, but it spoils the reason of having such a subscription.