iTunes Match Requiring Me to Redownload Songs on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cpenner, Feb 14, 2014.

1. cpenner macrumors regular

So I've downloaded all the iTunes Match songs I wanted stored locally on my iPhone. When I check Settings -> Usage the music app has 19 GB of data associated with it. But sometimes when I go back into the music app, all my songs have an iCloud download icon beside them... Has anyone experienced this or know why it's happening?

2. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Only way that should happen is by turning off and on iTunes Match should wipe the database. Or changing Apple ID's.

No, should not be happening and never experienced it.

Sounds like the database is being lost. Software/hardware corruption of some sort...? stretch. or other bug.

3. cpenner thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't toggled iTunes Match off and on, so I'm not sure why the database is corrupt. Upon further investigation, I was only looking at my main playlist, which showed all my songs needed to be downloaded again. It does appear that all of my locally downloaded songs are showing up twice under the songs or artists tabs though; one locally downloaded version and one version requiring downloading from the cloud...

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Ah, I've seen people mention this before. It hasn't happened to me (yet). :)

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Sounds like you have show all music on.

Go to settings > music > and turn off "show all music"

You won't have any clouds by songs anymore.

6. cpenner thread starter macrumors regular

No, I know what Show All Music does. I do have it enabled, yes, but that's so I can see what other songs are in iCloud and download them locally. This is a case of playlists showing all songs downloaded and stored locally one day, and no songs stored locally the next.

7. cpenner thread starter macrumors regular

I've noticed the issue only appears after I sync my device with iTunes. I disabled auto-sync, and haven't synced manually, and I have yet to experience this issue