iTunes match service deteriorated badly recently?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Slash366, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Slash366 macrumors newbie

hi, i have used itunes match since release, its service has always been spotty (half albums match half uploads, explicit matched as clean, incorrect masterings across album) but it was still usable.

however what wasn't a problem was its speed. add an album and it quickly gathered info, sent to apple, matched tracks and came back with the results. Just recently however it has been atrocious. it constantly sticks at sending information to apple which can go on for hours if left and has made the service unusable in my eyes.

i thought this may be to do with the WWDC and that some updates were coming. I was most disappointed to see a new version of itunes (10.6.3) come out and not even mention itunes match (guess i shouldn't be too surprised as they've constantly ignored the explicit > clean problem and the last itunes release that said itunes match improvements was a blatant lie)

so has anyone else experienced this rapid deterioration of service? I'm a little stuck for where to go now, as i said currently the service is unusable like this.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I really started having problems today. Can't for the life of me get match to work again. Added a song that I wanted to match......just waited and waited.

Nothing.

Finally got error 4002. Useless.

Turned Match off.....BIG MISTAKE. Now I can't even turn match back on to be able to use the songs I already matched!! It just sits and sits.

Really getting frustrated with Apple's online services.

-Kevin