Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Untaken

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I remember on the last couple of 5.0 betas I had the option to toggle iTunes Match in Settings > Music. I was using the Windows version of iTunes so obviously the feature did me no good. But now I'm on iTunes 10.5.1 beta 1 with the GM of 5.0 and the iTunes Match setting on the iPhone is gone, preventing me from using the feature.

Is anyone else missing the toggle for iTunes Match? Any thoughts on how to get it back?

gilletty

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2008
I decided to setup a completely new phone instead of restoring and I too am missing the iTunes Match switch now in 5.0 GM.

j41

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Same problem here. I was using Match with the GM on my iPhone and iPad. Now I have done a full restore to the 5.0 public release, and my iPad still has the Match switch, but my iPhone is missing the Match switch completely. Also note that match is not working at all on my iPad, even though I have it turned on. I'm thinking maybe they disabled it temporarily to relieve bandwidth issues with all the updates?

Jeff

danielsmu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Same problem here. iPad2 running 5.0 GM still has iTunes match toggle and iTunes match is running fine. iPhone 4 running 5.0 restored through iTunes doesn't have the iTunes match toggle setting.

I downloaded the iPhone 4 GM and tried to restore with that thinking iTunes match might be limited to developer builds, but iTunes won't let me restore with that IPSW file (error says something about file not matching device type, though I'm positive it's the correct file for my phone).

Any other ideas?

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
I'm having same problem where my iPad shows iTunes match in Settings->Music, but my iPhone doesn't.
iPad is on 5.0gm and iPhone on 5.0 public release, so that may have something to do with it, but i read that the GM and public release were identical.

Cyclone Chris

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
+1 here... match switch not on my ip4. Seems like there is also problems with the matching service in itunes. Mine always gets stuck on step 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.