iTunes Match Setting Missing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogiboi, Oct 14, 2011.

1. pogiboi macrumors regular

Has anyone been able to find the iTunes match option in settings on the 4S? I remember on the last couple of 5.0 betas and the GM I had the option to toggle iTunes Match in Settings > Music.

Is anyone else missing the toggle for iTunes Match? Any thoughts on how to get it back?

2. Mysterio116 macrumors newbie

3. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

It could be since they are not releasing it until the end of the month, they removed the toggle from iOS 5.0 and just had it in the betas to test out?

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's a developer thing. I have a developer profile on my 4S and it shows iTunes Match.

But it's not working.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I have my dev profile on my 4S and do not see an iTunes Match option, it's there on my 4 though. Did you do anything special?

6. LaazyEye macrumors regular

They must be doing something because, I can't even rescan my library.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not that I know of.

I did sync it via cable from a backup from yesterday of my old phone in the iTunes library.

Do you have automatic downloads turned on ?

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I do have automatic downloads turned on. I also setup as new phone, not from a backup.

9. pogiboi thread starter macrumors regular

I also am a dev and my iCloud and iTunes accounts match my dev account. Still can't get it to show on my 4s....

10. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

iTunes Match service has not been released for the general public yet. I think the Oct 4 announcement gave a timeframe. I seem to recall November?

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That might be why. I copied over my settings from my iPhone 4 backup that had that info.

12. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

I have the iTunes match toggle, the problem I'm having is nothing is showing up in the music app.

13. carrako macrumors regular

Same here, the iTunes Match toggle was missing earlier today, but after a restart and time going by, the toggle showed up, but no music is being delivered from the cloud. Whats weird, is that my iPad2 with same iOS5 GM is getting music delivered to it...

14. monksealpup macrumors regular

Same with me. Kind of disappointing, really. Oh well, that's why it's in developmental beta ;) At least it still works on my iPad and old iPhone 4.

15. Dipenptl macrumors newbie

Same here but I went to ATT yesterday, and in their display unit of iPhone 4S, they had iTunes Match options under settings.

16. critic81 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issues. Itunes Match settings not there but in iTunes i have itunes match all set up. Weird

17. zodiakp macrumors newbie

same problem here. It works on my Ipad 2 and Iphone4 with IOS 5 (dev version), but does not show any option on my 4S. have you guys tried adding your 4s to Dev test devices? I will try that later tonight.

18. outie2k macrumors regular

If you were running a beta/GM before and restored that to your new 4S, the setting will carry over and will show in Settings but it *does not* work in the Music app.

If you set up the 4S as a new phone, the setting is *not there* at all, whether you have the dev profile installed or not.

19. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Sigh, iTunes Match is showing as being on, but the setting is missing in music. So I can't turn it off nor put any music on the device.

20. critic81 macrumors regular

Same here!

21. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I'm having this issue as well. Had a working iTunes match and had to have my iPhone replaced.

Came home, upgraded the replacement phone to iOS5 release (previous phone was on GM) and restored from a backup.

I have the itunes match switch in settings but no music is being loaded on my iPhone. I wonder if I should do a restore from the GM?

Everyone who has the missing setting / non working setting on the release version vs the GM?

22. LaazyEye macrumors regular

Just tried it out of the blue tonight and my 4S has listed all my Match songs =D

23. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Hey, your right ^_^

It's working finally.

24. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g