iTunes Match: Smart Playlist?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mavis, Oct 22, 2012.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Hi, not sure where to post this but since I'm using iOS6 on all my devices, I guess here is as good a place as any.

I have a question about Smart Playlists in iTunes. I want to make a playlist of albums that consist of both MP3s and AAC. I have a number of albums which are mixed, containing both MP3s I've ripped over the years and iTunes Match'd 256kbps AAC. I'd like to create a Smart Playlist for these albums. Any ideas?

2. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

From my experience smart playlists will automaticly add these file types to the list. You just need to tell it what kind of list you would like to make.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I don't think you'll be able to make a playlist that has criteria related to mixed albums. All the criteria are for songs, not for albums.

That's assuming I understand you correctly. If not, carry on.

jW

4. SHIVERINGGOAT macrumors member

SHIVERINGGOAT

Paste some text like 'Dinner Jazz Playlist' into the comments field of each track so it won't do any damage to the essential metadata, then set up a smart playlist with the rule that 'Comments Contain' 'Dinner Jazz Playlist'

Remember if you want the iTunes Match playlist to display in a certain order I also tick the 'Limit to (say 200) items and selected by (change from random to name or artist etc)

:)

5. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Thanks, I've come to the same conclusion. There seems to be no way to get a Smart Playlist to grab full albums based on whatever criteria. :(