iTunes Match Smart Playlists

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Futhark, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Is anyone else having issues with iTunes Match & Smart Playlists? I've created a Playlist with 1000 songs, these are my most played songs and I also created the rule music only and no videos are allowed in this playlist. When I look at the playlist in iTunes it's perfect but when I goto my iPhone or iPad it includes videos and the songs don't match up to those in iTunes?

It defeats the reason of me purchasing iTunes Match because I end up turning it off and syncing with iTunes to get the proper Smart Playlist.

Anyone else have this problem or even better know a solution on how to fix it :)

2. csjo00 macrumors regular

You're not the only one with this problem. And it's not exclusive to iTunes Match. It's a problem in iOS 5 that's been there since 5.0. There are many "solutions" out on the web and here that haven't worked for me. I guess we're just stuck with it until Apple realizes it's a bug, or there is a fix in Cydia (if you've jailbroken).

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

It's not fixed in iOS 6 either then ;) I've googled this before with no luck. What were the suggestions?

4. csjo00 macrumors regular

I can't remember them exactly. They were mostly changing the sort order to something along the lines of most recently added. Or "Copy to Play Order" or something similar. I just googled "ios 5 smart playlist out of order". It's been a while since I last researched it, but nevertheless, I never found a solution that works for me. Best of luck!

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Here's what I do for smart playlists.

I create the smart playlist, and also a regular playlist. Once the smart list is set, I select all the media content inside it and send it to the normal playlist.

Every month or so, I remove all the music from the regular playlist and then repeat the copy procedures above.