iTunes Match stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by photogpab, Jun 14, 2014.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

I've been really frustrated with Match lately but today it stopped working completely! For the longest time I could add a song or songs to my iTunes library and then right click, select "add to iCloud" and match would scan/add that song or songs in just a few seconds... perfect! all done. Music would appear on all my devises in a minute.

Then i started getting these 4010 errors and other errors that said "iTunes could not connect to the store"... so my music wasn't matching or being uploaded to the cloud. I found a workaround by selecting "update iTunes match" to add any new music and that worked. It took 10 times longer than the "add to iCloud" selection but at least it worked. I also found that it didn't match music as well... a lot of my stuff was just being "uploaded" which was odd.

now THAT won't work either! i start the "update iTunes match" process" and then it stalls at "matching your music with songs in the iTunes store"... it just stops completely. nothing matches anymore... i can't add new music! it looks like its working but 30 minutes can go by and its just stuck in the same spot.

is anyone else having serious problems with match? i love this service for the simple fact that i can carry all my music with me on my phone since its in the cloud but i can't figure out what to do.

i've tried so many different things. I've signed out of the apple store, i've turned iTunes match off and back on, i've reinstalled iTunes, i've deleted my libraries... I'm out of ideas.

2. Jim L macrumors regular

Same here!

I put in a call to Applecare support because first I thought it was a corrupted account or token on my iMac, but it turns out it happens on all my Macs. Any track that I add to iTunes (from a CD or Garageband) will not upload to the cloud or sync to my other devices. My support case was transferred to the iTunes Store support. Their server was down earlier today.

Apple hasn't admitted any problem on their end yet, but there is a huge problem thread over on the Apple support forums. Apparently it's not an issue if you buy all your music from Apple, but I don't. I noticed today that even some of my purchased iTunes tracks are screwed up now too! Lots of issues - wrong artwork, multiple copies, wrong versions of songs I didn't order. They've screwed up my music library. Granted I only have ~850 songs, but some people have thousands. They have quite a mess to clean up. :eek:

Luckily I have a good recent backup in TimeMachine.

3. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

This has been going on for moths though. Even the 'add to iCloud' option stopped working months ago. Now it's getting harder to even update iTunes Match. Spent hours yesterday just trying to upload/match one song.

4. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

now everything in my library is greyed out and i can't even play my music. I've been scouring MacRumors for a few days and it feels like not many other people are having this problem or trouble with iTunes match in general. i wish i knew what the heck was wrong with mine!

5. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

iTunes Match ended up duplicating about 30% of my library (seemingly randomly as to which tracks it duplicated too) yesterday when I was trying to get it to successfully finish matching. This is so irritating!!!

6. GerberC macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me

A couple of months ago, "add to iCloud" stopped working. So I had to use "update iTunes Match" to upload new songs. 5 days ago, that method stopped working. As of now, my experience is that iTunes Match will "match" a song, but it will not upload any song it can't match. iTunes Match won't even upload a single new song. It hangs at the "checking for match" stage. For me, this is an enormous problem as I am constantly adding original songs to iTunes, which cannot be matched.

I have tried all the usual iTunes fixes that one finds online and none of them have worked. I intend to alert Apple support to the problem, but if it doesn't get resolved by the end of the week, it looks like Amazon Music provides an affordable alternative. It's too bad because iTunes Match was great when it worked.

7. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one having this problem. What I don't understand is why it's not working for me but is working fine for someone else?

8. drewboy891 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Everything has been working fine until the latest update. It has completely killed iTunes match on my computer, my entire library has greyed out and won't play anything that's not stored locally on the machine. Trying to put new music in my library matches only a few songs then freezes at step 2. I've tried everything from turning iTunes Match off and back on, to disabling genius, no prior solutions are working.

9. photogpab, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014

photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

well after a day or two of kinda working, Match is back to nor working at all... I'm 2 seconds away from switching to another service. although i'm not sure which. i tried the amazon player and i didn't love it...

[​IMG]

10. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

I was having the same problem last week, around 11th June, iTunes match getting stuck on step 2, and it was solved for me and many others in the forum the very next day Macrumors reported the issue on the front page.

Just checked again, and seems to be working fine for me right now.

11. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Sign out of iTunes Match on your devices and then enable it again.

13. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I'm having exact same problem right now!

14. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I just tried turing iTunes match off, then rebooting, then on again and it got through step 1 and I got "Unknown Error in iTunes Store, Please try again later." WT?

15. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I've finally cancelled my iTunes match subscription, it keeps failing to add new songs and it's censored all my music. With wifi iTunes sync and the ability to airplay to speakers and the TV I find i don't actually need it as much as I did when it came out.

16. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

UPDATE: After trying all day, it finally worked! They must be having server issues, that's the only thing that makes sense.

17. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

It's still not working for me. I don't get it. This service always worked decently for me then a few months ago it just started having so many problems.

18. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

its still not working for me...