ITunes Match trial?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Atrin1, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Atrin1 macrumors regular

I've never subscribed to iTunes Match but I noticed just a few minutes ago while messing around with iTunes Radio that my entire itunes library is on my IP5.

Anyone else experience this?

iTunes Match is OFF by the way in settings/music

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

That's all your purchased music, which shows up in the music app in iOS 7. Same thing with purchased movies and tv shows.

3. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

Isn't this the same thing as iTunes match? I'm able to listen all music and it has the cloud with down arrow next to every song. I mean iTunes match is across all devices I just have my macbook and ip5.

Well that's a plus for me!:D

4. Eitel macrumors regular

No. With iTunes Match, you can import all the music you bought from somewhere else (Amazon, etc..), and when you import it to iTunes, it uploads it to the "Cloud" (or "matches it against it's library), and it makes it available to all your iDevices.

Without iTunes Match, you can only see music you purchased via iTunes.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

What you are seeing is iTunes in the Cloud - all music, books, films and tv shows purchased show up on all devices.

iTunes Match shows all your music not purchased in the iTunes store on your Mac/PC across all devices as it matches them to songs available in the iTunes Store. SO, if you have music, say, ripped from a CD in your iTunes library, it will currently not just automatically show up on other devices - your iPhone, unless you subscribe to iTunes Match.

6. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

ah, gotcha. i just double checked with a couple albums that i ripped from a cd and they aren't on my phone.

i didn't realize it would do that. thanks!