Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Should I do it? I have over 1000 songs in my library and only 8gb on my iPhone 4 running ios 6. I tried google music but I realized that accessing it on the iPhone isn't worth the trouble.
So I'm looking into iTunes Match and it seems like a good deal. $25 for music cloud storage,great quality,not having to bother with the computer,and I'm still in the Apple ecosystem. Sounds perfect..
But nothing is perfect,so I'm asking you guys is iTunes Match worth it???

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Should I do it? I have over 1000 songs in my library and only 8gb on my iPhone 4 running ios 6. I tried google music but I realized that accessing it on the iPhone isn't worth the trouble.
So I'm looking into iTunes Match and it seems like a good deal. $25 for music cloud storage,great quality,not having to bother with the computer,and I'm still in the Apple ecosystem. Sounds perfect..
But nothing is perfect,so I'm asking you guys is iTunes Match worth it???

get a big data plan. Also get more music. I have 10,000 songs and with ios6 itunes match is very snappy... but uses over a gig a month...:eek:

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
I have 12,000 songs. Was worth it just to remove them off my laptop and have backups. Now I can stream them to my laptop, phone and iPad without syncing anything anymore.

And yes, if you stream over cellular - get a big data plan or predownload the songs you want while on WiFi.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
get a big data plan. Also get more music. I have 10,000 songs and with ios6 itunes match is very snappy... but uses over a gig a month...:eek:

I have an unlimited plan on Sprint so I guess this where it would come in handy :)

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I've been trying to hit my data cap. I've still got 2 gigs left and only 6 days. Figured I'd just let iTM stream constantly for the last day of my plan...that should do it.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I use it 24k all avalible it's great. Remember tho the album art and track data can still add up as that's stored locally

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I've heard and read around the Internet that iTunes Match on iOS 6 it's a bit inferior to the iTunes Match on iOS 5. Is that true? Has there been any changes?

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
Only big thing is you can't download individual tracks. It streams them instead...which is exactly what people were begging for in ios5 so it's a lose lose for Apple. Only way to get individual tracks instead of albums downloaded is to put them in a playlist.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Only big thing is you can't download individual tracks. It streams them instead...which is exactly what people were begging for in ios5 so it's a lose lose for Apple. Only way to get individual tracks instead of albums downloaded is to put them in a playlist.

So I can have my smart playlists on iTunes Match??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.