iTunes Match

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samtb, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Is iTunes Match good if you have more music than you can store on your iPhone but you want access to all your songs on the go? Does it require a very good 3G connection to work as not everywhere I go has good signal?

2. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

iTunes Match is perfect for this. It does require 3G connectivity or better though. iTunes Match refuses to work for me for the few times I drop to EDGE on T-Mo.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

You need a good data connection for it to work. It has trouble streaming on slow connections. Probably because of the quality of the songs as compared to Pandora.

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Except on iOS devices it doesn't stream. It will allow you to play the song while it downloads it.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Using iTunes match you may download the songs to your iDevice while you have a good connection and obviously then listen to them when you are out of service.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use Google Play. My entire iTunes library is on it and anytime I make changes to my library on my Mac it reflects to Google Play.

There's a few Google Play apps, including the official one where you can stream directly to your iPhone.

No fees (Google lets you store up to about 40,000 songs free) and my 10GB library is not on my phone, but still completely accessible.

Oh, and I don't have to use the iTunes app on my iphone (bleh). The third party and official apps all have lockscreen integration (controls and album art).