iTunes Matched music not on iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mattwolfmatt, Jun 2, 2012.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I just switched to iCloud and am trying iTunes match. I thought I did this right, but I can't access the iCloud music on my iPhone, only the music that is already on the device.

I think the problem is in my user IDs: I have the @me.com address I use for my contacts/calendar, etc, and a yahoo address I use for all my purchases. I am signed in with the yahoo address on iTunes and my phone settings>store>Apple ID. I also have iTunes match turned on in the iPhone settings>Music. Also I have show all music turned on, and use cellular data turned on too.

You can see my confusion in the screenshots attached. Any advice? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. NewMacFan2011 macrumors member

I use iTunes Match on both MacBook Pro, iPhone, & iPad and it works fine. My iCloud account is the same as my iTunes purchase account (same account I purchased Match with). Try signing in under iCloud on your phone with the account you set up the iTunes Match with (@yahoo.com). Then add your @me.com account to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" under Settings to import your contacts. To my knowledge the iCloud account used on the phone dictates who's iTunes Match account is accessible.