Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmod20061

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I thought this was kind of funny. I was in the beta from the start and I managed to match a good amount of my library from just the different beta releases. I noticed today that now that the official rollout has happened I have several songs in my library now that are Matched files, but the icloud status is uploaded. It's funny that these songs were matched (correctly) in the beta stages, but now itunes won't match them.

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
I thought this was kind of funny. I was in the beta from the start and I managed to match a good amount of my library from just the different beta releases. I noticed today that now that the official rollout has happened I have several songs in my library now that are Matched files, but the icloud status is uploaded. It's funny that these songs were matched (correctly) in the beta stages, but now itunes won't match them.

It's still in beta and I should have known better. Curiosity cost me $25 and I am not happy with the experience. Of course, I backup every music file I have but this service is just not ready for prime time to deserve a price tag! It screwed up much of the artwork and may not ever discover many of the albums I have. At least be able to identify the complete album because iTunes does not contain the complete albums by many artists. Since songs have to be uploaded that iTunes does not recognize, I guess that leaves me the most disappointed because I have to wait days on end for them to upload. Backing up my music and maintaining it myself is the best coarse of action at this point. I hope it improves but the experience has been one big pain in the arse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.