iTunes matched songs that aren't for sale on iTunes store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hbueain, May 1, 2012.

1. hbueain, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

hbueain macrumors newbie

Just realized I got a couple Chinese songs that were "matched" by iTunes and were upgraded to 256kbps that wasn't even available for purchase through iTunes store.

Anyone got any insights on how this works?

[​IMG]

2. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Same experience here.

I had a bunch of ACDC songs show as matched. not sure how as last i checked, they were not on iTunes.

3. jnolas2 macrumors member

You should check to see if iTunes actually matched it with the proper song. I've had songs, even some that are in the iTunes store, incorrectly match with completely different songs.

4. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Are the songs available in a store in a different country? I think it can still match those.

5. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

Assuming it matched the correct songs, I can see a few possibilities.

1. The songs are available in other countries. This means they're in the library, just not for sale individually.

2. Apple has the songs in it's library, potentially as part of a big "package" delivery from a label, and is authorized to match them--even though some licensing may not be in place for individual sales.

3. The songs were available at one time, but for some reason now they are not. Apple would still have the songs in their library and would likely be able to match them.