iTunes: Merging .m4a's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lostanddamned, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I recently borrowed a set of CD's containing the radio comedy show "That Mitchell & Webb Sound" which unfortunately had each sketch as a separate audio file. I want to turn these into episodes, by combining the files; Is there any straightforward way of doing this?

In simple terms, I want to take 14 short .m4a's and make them one long .m4a (Which I will later categorise as a podcast using an applescript from dougscript)

I can't seem to get iTunes to do this with "Join CD tracks", nor can I find an application that allows me to do this...

Any suggestions please?

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Have you tried Garageband? Just drag the tracks one by one into Garageband and put them end to end. When you are done use "share" in the menu bar to export the track to itunes.

3. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I have tried this, however I have eighteen of these episodes to produce, each is around thirty minutes long, and consists of around fifteen clips of varying lengths - I am only on a MacBook, and the resources that creating a single one of these in garage band is far beyond the powers of my MB.

Would creating a DMG and mounting this allow them to be treated as an audio CD, effectively "tricking" iTunes into allowing me to join the files.

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

would audacity do this? I have only used it to convert FLAC, but I am wondering if this would work?