iTunes, MetaX, Frontrow --- Short Description and Long Description

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by eVolcre, Jul 31, 2009.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

This is a bit of a complicated scenario so bear with me ...

I've been using MetaX to tag all my Handbraked movies before importing them into iTunes. It looks great!

Problem is that I fired up FrontRow for the first time today (after doing 75 movies :( ) and none of the 'descriptions' seem to fit in the display.

I've checked individual movies in iTunes. When I right click on 'show description' ... the long description entered in MetaX shows up but right clicking on 'get info' shows the short description information.

I guess the question is that both the long and the short description are tagged. Why is frontrow trying to display the long version and not the one that shows up under Get Info (which WILL fit)

Sorry if I've made your head spin :)

eV

2. T-Bone macrumors newbie

I've been doing the exact same thing. Close to a terabyte of movies ripped and tagged. I started poking around in Front Row and discovered that I can't read the full description.

One thing I've discovered is that Front Row will always display the long description if a long description is present. Otherwise it will display the short description. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that seems to be the way it's set up. Also, the text limit of what is displayed in Front Row is even shorter than what MetaX warns you about when entering in the short description. Meaning that even if MetaX says it's short enough, it will be cut off when you view it in Front Row.

What I can't figure out is why there is no option to read the whole long description within Front Row. There should be a way that you can either click on it or drill down or something. Not the biggest deal in the world, but it seems to me that it shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.