iTunes: Mine is bigger then yours

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcepek, Jan 31, 2012.

1. rcepek macrumors newbie

Need a little help on this one, plus i figure some around here has probably done it or came close to it and is will to share. I need either an Apple Script or a 3rd party software package that will basically tell me all MP3 Files in my iTunes library that have album artwork that is smaller then 600x600. I'm very meticulous in tagging all my music with best artwork possible and I believe that I have between 90-95% of all my music tagged correctly and would like to run a script of software package that would confirm this for me. Anyone have any thought or suggestions on this?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Stop using MP3, use high bitrate AAC or Apple Lossless.

Doug's itunes scripts are very good.
    http://dougscripts.com/itunes/

Most auto-tagging software will make a dogs breakfast out of your collection. When ripping just do the work then.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can check out Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes, which is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.
    However, I don't know of anything that will identify artwork by size. If you're not already using it, Album Art Exchange is a good source of high-quality album artwork.

4. rcepek thread starter macrumors newbie

Album Art Exchange is the best, I've looked over at Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes and I saw some scripts that got me 25% of the way there, (He had one that resized artwork) but nothing that reported the size of artwork. I'll keep looking - but thanks for the info.