iTunes mirror?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matthewprince, Feb 3, 2011.

1. matthewprince macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 27" iMac and have 3 user accounts on. Myself, my wife and my kids.

How do i do it so the contents of my itunes is mirrored in my wifes itunes? And any changes i m ake or she makes will affect eachothers?

Matt

2. matthewprince thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ive tried that but it recreates a new itunes media folder in my original itunes folder. WIll that damage the library?

Also in the following scenario how the heck would i do it?..

27" iMac with 3 users on
    13" Macbook Air with 2 users
    Apple TV
    Ipad

I know the ipad i can synch it with my itunes and that will work and the apple tv i am using it with home share , but if i put it on homeshare on the macbook air and i take the laptop out of the house , i wont be able to see the music in itunes then as it cant stream from my 27" imac to the macbook air. And even if i could how would i share that over the 2 accounts?

Confusing stuff!

How do i do it

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I have the same issue. I have a decent music collection. There are four of us in my house. (Me, Wife, two kids) We all have our own computers. What we want is one central location for all music that we can all play from. Or even better, a central music location for most music but things we like we can move locally.

What I have now is a server on a shared drive with iTunes running. We can remote log into it and then add music to the library. But it's slow and loading it (because we have thousands of songs) takes too damn long. I could share the library and have it stream to my laptop but I can't sync my iPhone to it, I would have to go to the server (in the garage). :(

Wish there was a better solution.