iTunes missing feature? :)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sk3pt1c, May 6, 2007.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

ok, say you actually like to listen to the lyrics in songs.
    and say you have something like canto pod that can add lyrics
    to your mp3 metadata...
    shouldn't there be a print button when you are viewing the lyrics
    after you get the mp3 info in iTunes?
    why should i have to copy paste the text into TextEdit or Word or Pages
    and then print it?
    i'm sure that Apple have got some people going through these forums in search of user opinions.
    hopefully, this will make its way into the next major upgrade. :D :D :D
    what do you think about this feature?
    useful?
    useless?

thanks for your time
    john

2. reubs macrumors 68000

So do you want to be able to print a physical copy of the lyrics? Wouldn't that be quite wasteful? I have a widget that displays the lyrics of a song as it is playing, but I agree that it would be handy to have to the lyrics available quickly w/o going to the dashboard.

I'm hoping to see something soon where iTunes can immediately fetch lyrics while ripping, and maybe this will lead to being able to have lyrics also easily acceptable.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That feature would be great if I had a printer hooked up at home... or knew how to read. :eek:

Seriously, I guess there could be a print button there. Printing lyrics on a regular basis seems kinda silly to me, but to each their own. Just recycle. :) God knows most of the artists do! ;)

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

What would be useful is if iTunes let you download lyrics to your library ala album art and then let release a software update to AppleTV that would broadcast the lyrics more or less like a karaoke machine -- I think that would be pretty neat for parties or get togethers

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's a nice idea. :) Sort of like the RSS screensavers... a screensaver of the artwork and lyrics for the current song would be very nice. :)

6. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i guess you guys are not as interested in lyrics as i am :)
    it would be great if you could search for and download lyrics to the songs
    straight from iTunes, i forgot to mention that
    the karaoke thing is a bit too much, maybe for a Japanese only version :D
    but say there is a song you really like with really cool lyrics that you wanna
    learn or just read a bit more...
    it looks pretty stupid to me to have iTunes open and the song's info up the whole time when you could just print them off and read them at your leisure...
    oh well, wishfull thinking... :)

7. reubs macrumors 68000

You could always have the lyrics synced to your iPod and read them from there while listening to the song. I've found that to be helpful sometimes when trying to understand lyrics.

The downside, though, is that you actually have to listen to the song long enough for a program to grab the lyrics and then paste them to iTunes. If you don't listen to much music on your computer this won't always work.