iTunes missing track info question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by speedythecat, Oct 20, 2010.

1. speedythecat macrumors newbie

Hi, I have been using iTunes with PC for about 5 years or more and never really had any problems ripping my CD collection, even when I switched at one point to using dbpowerAMP and then importing into itunes manually. I'm using itunes to rip again now.

Now I have my first mac (mac mini 2010). I am starting to import parts of my CD collection that I never had room for on my old notebook PC.

So before I went to bed last night I tried to rip and import 3 CDs using itunes exclusively now to do the ripping because I have come to the realization that itunes plus AAC is good enough for my ears and especially my equipment (ipod classic 160gb & Senn PX-100's). Now these 3 CDs I know for a fact the iTunes Store sells and definitely has the artwork and track info for.

Well, the first 2 CDs loaded artwork and track info fine after I remembered to check in the settings about the artwork anyway..

Then comes the 3rd and newest CD I tried, Eagles OF Death Metal's "Heart On". I stick it in the mac mini's slot *giggles* and then the iTunes pane at the top center of the screen keeps scrolling and saying something like "searching for grace-note whatever".. Then after about 2 or 3 minutes of that it just gives up and acts like it doesn't know the CD and lists the songs as "track 1, track 2" etc..

Now this CD is immaculate. It has been ripped before on my PC with no problem. I double checked to make sure the iTunes store sells it because in the past I've had to download my own artwork if it's something they don't sell in their store.

So I'm at a loss here :( I don't want to have to enter all this info manually as I have about 500 CDs to rip and only being on number 3 I didn't know if it was just this one being trouble, or what to expect how many are going to do this?

Appreciate any help you can give me. This is iTunes 10 by the way..

Thanks,
    Eric

2. speedythecat thread starter macrumors newbie

It's actually working now, first try today? I wonder if it was because it was so late last night the grace note thing was down for maintenance or if it was just because I had quit itunes and restarted it? Anyway.. :)