iTunes mixing software.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappySnail, Aug 5, 2009.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I am looking for software, ideally an iTunes plug-in, that can be used for mixing/merging one track into another in a DJ style. I would like it to be an automatic program that sat in the background while i can do other things if it is not an iTunes program. I have looked around but have only found either full screen professional looking ones at high prices which is not really what i am after but any software suggestions are welcome.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Djay is $49?
    Disco is $25.

Those are my two best suggestions. There is not an iTunes plug-in that allows for something like these other applications.

Don't make duplicate threads

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There is a company called Wild bits that makes a couple of products...

Ask the DJ (more standalone)
    AccuBeatMix (an iTunes plugin)

That might be good to look at. I tried Ask the DJ a long time ago, but back then it used a no-longer-existent mechanism in iTunes to support DRM'd files. Now it only works with unprotected music, but then again, now all the music in the store is unprotected....

The primary purpose of both apps is beat matching, but they also offer a variety of crossfading, etc, options as well.

4. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

AccuBeatMix was just what i was looking for, it's not perfect but works pretty well. Cheers for the help.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So did you pay for AccuBeatMix? If you end up buying it and using it extensively, could you post your thoughts after a bit on how you like it? I kind of really wanted one of those two Wild Bits products, but since at that time, I was buying a lot of my new music in DRM'd iTunes stuff, I put it aside... now that things have changed, maybe I should reconsider as well. :)

6. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

I have been trying out the demo i am a touch reluctant to buy it as $20 for an application that mixes your music is a bit steep at the moment when i am out of money. I will probably buy it at some point in the future though and ii''l inform you if i do.