iTunes mixing up albums

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kestrel452, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Kestrel452 macrumors regular

My iTunes 9 is making my songs not organize correctly by album. Most of the songs are grouped together in my library that are of the same album, but one album has separated songs. They are the exact same album and spelled correctly. I just bought them off iTunes and was looking for them in my library and couldn't find them when I looked at the rest of the album. I look farther down the list, and way farther down they appear. Album name is correct, but I guess iTunes just decided to not place them with the rest of the songs in the album in alphabetical order it should.

My iPod touch lists the same albums multiple times when I search for albums. The album "classical" shows up almost 10 times in the list for some reason. The song list doesn't differ b/w them, and some songs are missing.

All other albums are fine. What is going on here? Did my classical songs all of a sudden decide to become unique in a bad way? Thanks in advance.

:apple:

2. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Usual culprits are trailing space, different capitalization etc. Select all the songs and Get Info on them all, change the album to "album name2" and then back to "album name".

If that doesn't work, Get Info on all the songs and check the "Sorting" tab to make sure they are all the same.

Wierd that it's done this straight from the iTunes Store though!

3. Kestrel452 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried your fixes. It still won't group my purchases in with the rest of my music.

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

can you take a screen shot of what is going on? That way I might be able to help you out!

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not enough that Album names match. The Album Artist must match, also. And, as has been recommended, make sure the sorting tags match, as well.