iTunes movie + extras trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i.Andy, Dec 21, 2011.

1. i.Andy macrumors newbie

i.Andy

Hi Guys,

Today I've purchased a movie (Pirates of the Caribbean) from the store which included the iTunes Extra.

normally there is only one icon including the movie and extras, but after some troubles during the download, the movie file is seperate from the extra. So I have 2 icons instead of 1. Why is this? The rest of the movies with extras are bundled up into 1 icon/tab.

thx for your help

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I've never had the "Extras" display in iTunes separately, but I have had the SD version display separately from the HD version. Did you buy the HD version? In either case, it shouldn't happen to begin with.

I have this issue with Alice in Wonderland (1951) with HD and SD. I contacted iTunes support and all they let me redownload the file again, only for the problem to show right back up in iTunes. After another email to them, they just gave me a refund and said they would look into it, so after some time, I should be able to contact them again and hopefully download a fixed version.

Did you check the files in finder to verify the files are all named correctly?

3. i.Andy thread starter macrumors newbie

i.Andy

yeah i downloaded the HD version (HD and SD are the same icon)

I asked the iTunes support but they said "it's better to have two icons instead of no icon, right?"....

I attatched a picture of the two icons :)

Attached Files:

• poc.png
      poc.png
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Whoa, yea, mine was different because I didn't have the HD and SD icon like that. So yea, your extras is separate, but I certainly don't like it that way, or any way that keeps the files separate. I rather like the consolidated look of one icon with a smaller icon inside it to launch Extras. I know, OCD. :)

That's a lame response from iTunes Support too. I would argue this if I were you. This is obviously not how iTunes was meant to arrange HD movies with Extras.

Have you checked finder though to make sure all the file names matched up?

5. i.Andy thread starter macrumors newbie

i.Andy

sorry :) yes they r in the same folder and the file names are correct :(

i'm thinking about to write again to the iTunes support to hopefully get another person of the support who maybe could help me :)

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Ok one last thing you can do before contacting them again is, in iTunes, delete both icons from your library, but click No when it asks if you want to move the files to trash.

Then go back in finder, and move all 3 files back into your iTunes library window and see if iTunes tries to consolidate the files correctly this time.

Beyond that though, if it still doesn't work, then try iTunes support again. Although they weren't able to fix my issue, they did issue me a refund for Alice in Wonderland, so that was nice of them.

And you may be able to contact them again in the future to see if you can ask for another version to download to see if it gets fixed. Unfortunately, theres no way to tell when it gets fixed, if ever. But I suspect movies will be on iCloud soon, so hopefully you'll be able to redownload your movies whenever you want in the future.

7. i.Andy thread starter macrumors newbie

i.Andy

OH MY GOD!!!! you are awesome!!! I can't believe it it works!!!! 1000000000 times thank you!!! i would kiss you :D

jesus my library is alright now :D

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

LOL, no problem. You're lucky because your issue is slightly different than mine (my HD and SD files are separated, not Extras), but glad you got it all sorted out! :cool:

Now enjoy your very organized library :)