iTunes movie folder organisation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steezy1337, Nov 27, 2009.

1. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

is there anyway to make itunes store all my movies in one folder instead of a single folder for each movie? i'm interested in switching over to plex instead of front row as my media center app but it's really frustrating have that extra level that i have to through to watch movies. i'm assuming that the only way is to turn off itunes organisation but that's not really an option for me as i like to have all of my music organised the way itunes does it.

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

When I add music to iTunes, I let it create and sort the folders how it likes; however, when adding movies (which I don't want in my iTunes folder), I have them all stored in a single folder on an external drive, and add them to iTunes by holding down the option key and dragging them into iTunes. This adds them to the library without copying them into the iTunes folder, leaving them on the external drive in a single folder. I haven't used Plex, but I assume it would be able to reference them fine in this method, since iTunes, Apple TV, etc can.