Itunes Movie Has Subtitles for Signs

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by b-rad g, Jan 9, 2012.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Bought the Pirates of the Carribean 4 from iTunes a while back and finally got around to watching it yesterday. Well I noticed that it was putting a subtitle up for any signs that came into the screen. Like at the beginning when it showed the title of the movie it also put the title in white plain letters at the bottom of the screen. One other instance was when the Queen Anne's Revenge ship passed by and the name on the back of the ship came into view it again put the name at the bottom of the screen in plain white letters.

What is this and how do I turn it off? Is it subtitles? This is the first movie i have ever seen this on.

2. bpc615 macrumors newbie

We are having the same problem. Turning on subtitles makes it stop, but it also doesn't show subtitles at all when the subtitles are turned on.

3. Audra1028 macrumors newbie

Audra1028

I know this thread is old but I'm having the same issue with the movie. Does anyone have a fix for it?

4. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I do not have any information about this movie, but I do know that Jaws had the same problem in the past and it has been fixed.

A.