Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spuggyleeds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
Recently when I try to watch any DVD which I've encoded on my ATV3 it seems to play for maybe 2-3 minutes (at the most) then stops and I get the buffering spinning wheel which will spin for ever without resuming the movie. I also notice that the ATV3 doesn't seem to buffer for more than a few minutes on the chapter bar, no matter which movie I choose (I have 500+).

I have a wired connection from my PC to my router and to my ATV3 in the front room. I also have an ATV3 in the bedroom using WiFi. I get the same problem on both ATV3s.

My iTunes media is stored on a 4TB external USB 3.0 Seagate HDD. I have even selected a handful of Movies and put them directly onto my C drive to see if it was my external HDD, but I get the same results as above.

I am not sure what else to try. Could it be my router (although it used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago) which is a generic SKY free one?

Any help would be appreciated at this stage. It's very frustrating...

spuggyleeds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.