iTunes movie question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tl01, Apr 11, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

If I buy a movie from iTunes, can I put it onto a thumb drive to use in my car? can I convert it into different formats? I'd like to buy movies for my kids and play them through my car entertainment system.

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

I don't think that would work with the DRM protection on the iTunes files.

Unless you have a really nice system in your car that has an iTunes-capable device. If so, then you could authorize it to play the movies.

Otherwise, does your system have any A/V inputs that you could hook a laptop or iOS device to? That would be another way to go.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's what's thought... I have the three part cable thing hook up as well as USB. I guess I could try my iPad.... The salesman didn't think it would work though. Can I put movies on an iPod that isn't a touch? Or does it have to be an iPod touch? I have an old iPod classic that I used to watch content on. Would that work? Or will I need a new touch? Keeping an iPad in the car will take up a lot of space. Could I use my iPhone?

4. erine100 macrumors newbie

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

6. igucl macrumors 6502a

I wish I could help you more, but I really don't know the answers to your questions. I don't know whether an iPod classic will work or not. I suppose if you have the cables, what's the harm in trying?

I think you'll have to do trial and error on this one.