iTunes Movie Rental

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sweetbike40, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I don't really like to complain but i want to get it out there about the 24 hour viewing with the rentals. Maybe i'm missing something. I think they should allow at least 2-3 days with the movie once you hit play. I started my movie last night around 8:30. Unfortunatly i fell asleep. And unfortunatly i won't get home in time tonight to watch the rest of it. So i missed out. I know it's my loss but also know how commen it is for people to fall asleep during a movie. That's the plus with having the DVD or having more time with it. I think Apple should re-think the 24hours.

Also... when the movie downloads, does it get stored on you computer somehow? Should i find it and delete it?:confused:

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would like to see 48 hours once you play it the first time. Twenty four hours seems to short of a time span.

AFAIK, the movies that are rented are DL'ed the same as the ones that you purchase. I would expect iTunes to handle DL'ing, saving and deleting. The user should not have to concern themselves with these functions.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It's not Apple that set the 24 hr limit, it's the movie studios. This subject has been done to death on here and there really isn't anything we can do about it except maybe complain to the studios themselves. I don't really know what else to say. If you purchase Pay per View movies from your cable company they also only last for 24 hrs. It's the industry standard for now set by the movie studios and there's not really anything we (including Apple) can do about it right now.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

From the articles I've read, if you pause it (and leave it paused while you're away), you can resume it even after the 24 hours have passed.