iTunes Movie Rentals and Front Row???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cyroceon, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Can they be played this way? We know that Front Row can access iTunes because it shows the Top 10 Movies in the Movies Section, but when I rented a movie last night, it didn't show up there. Is something wrong? If not, why hasn't Apple came out with a fix for it.

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

aaaaaahhhh... don't worry, Front Row Update 2.2 will come full of goodies like: Movie rentals, iTunes Online Store, Continuos playback when it has quit, etc.;)

3. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

When do you think? Is there any speculation online about this update? I'd love to see it, because that would be awesome.

4. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I made that up, but don't worry, people will complain and, as a result, an update for Front Row will come... Have faith...:p

5. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

6. isamguy0 macrumors newbie

I second this...

Been waiting for well over year
    cooome ooonnn

7. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

And still waiting...

When are they going to do something with Front Row? I love it, but geez...a few more features wouldn't kill them :) Especially now that it no longer even matches Apple TV.

8. Dembo macrumors regular

Dembo

and bumping...

Just rented my first movie, Front Row is still unable to find it... 10.6.2.

Damn. :(

9. ErikTheHack macrumors newbie

I'm speechless

OMFG. I just set up one of my minis recently to use as a dvr/media server/wanna-be-apple-TV and am SHOCKED and saddened that you can't at least PLAY rentals via Front Row - I mean WTF? Really.
    Googling around this is a long running gripe with users -- Hell, by now we should have full-on apple-tv -like functionality via Front Row -- browse, rent, and view ITMS content -- the whole sha-bang.
    I've now read many a BS excuse for why Apple hasn't done this to-date. Most pseudo-technical mumbo-jumbo. Come on. There's NO technical reason at all why this can't be done. In fact it should be incredibly simple for Apple to make this happen. I can only see 2 reasons why not yet -- Apple can't spare the development resources and it's not a priority --OR-- they don't want to cannibalize AppleTV sales. I own an AppleTV and use it on our 109" theater setup. I also own 3 minis and a load of other Macs and would like to NOT have to but another box to put under my home-office entertainment setup. I like what my mini is doing and I'd just like it to do a bit more with Front Row. I bitched through Apple Feedback -- you should to.

10. atomiton macrumors regular

Dec 30th, 2009

And we're still waiting...

Kind of annoying to have to go into iTunes and start playing from there. At least it dims the second screen when you go full screen, though.

11. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

and still waiting...

may be assume now, that we will never be able to watch rented movies using frontrow?

12. Softserve52 macrumors newbie

Still no movie rentals in front row. I wonder if it's because Apple wants to push people to use Apple TV instead?

13. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple