iTunes movie rentals from IPhone.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by purpleparrotuk, Nov 2, 2018.

1. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

I have just rented my first movie on my iPhone X at work. I plan on watching it on my atv 4k tonight when I get home. I have just found out I cannot do this and can only watch it on the iPhone now. Is this right? Is going to see it in 4k and Atmos.

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

I don’t know about rentals but I have redeemed digital codes on my iPhone or iPad and played the movie back on my 4K ATV.

3. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

No, that's not right. From iOS10.4 you can rent on any iOS, device, Mac with updated iTunes or Apple TV with tvOS10.4. It should have appeared on your Apple TV. Do you have a Mac? Is it there under 'Rentals' in iTunes?

Sounds like a bug and you'll need to get in touch with Apple who will refund you OR resend the file again.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2018 ---
    PS Maybe sign out of your ATV and sign back in again to se if it appears! Plus check that they are on the same account.

4. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

Sorry haven’t even tried yet. Obviously I was reading an old article where you could only watch it on the device you purchased on. I’m sure it’s fine and will find out shortly when I watch the movie.

5. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Yes it was totally changed in iOS10.4.
    Good luck and enjoy the movie buddy. I'm sure that it'll be as smooth as butter :) :) :)

6. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

Hey I do this every now and then and it’s totally easy man! I’ll rent something on my iPad while at work and watch like half of it and when I get home watch the other half when I get home on my Apple TV

You should be good man. Just remember once you click play, you have 48 hours

7. purpleparrotuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

Thanks everyone. Watched the matrix fine on apple TV 4k when I got home