Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Give it a little time... hasn't been very long, but so far, with the limited number of movies, they have done very, very well.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
What would make me buy movies from iTunes is if Apple sold the movies 2-3 weeks before they were released in stores. Why? I don't see the point in downloading movies the same day that you can buy them in store with better quality and extra features... would love to have Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
it's the same thought like this. why you buy songs through ITS (it's only 128kbps!). go to shop, get CD. better quality, it comes with nice booklet as well. it was begun 3 years ago (2003) that many people complained. now what's happened? so many people download digital music. it's trend, culture. you will see the same thing happend for movie download next 3-5 years. Apple just starts it early as it always does.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
archurban said:
it's the same thought like this. why you buy songs through ITS (it's only 128kbps!). go to shop, get CD. better quality, it comes with nice booklet as well. it was begun 3 years ago (2003) that many people complained. now what's happened? so many people download digital music. it's trend, culture. you will see the same thing happend for movie download next 3-5 years. Apple just starts it early as it always does.

You're ignoring the complete convenience of iTMS and the fact that most consumers don't really care about having the quality higher than 128kbps.
If someone who uses an iPod, or even just iTunes, hears a certain song and they like it, would it make more sense for them to buy that one song off iTMS from their home or to go out and get the CD?

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
you're misunderstanding what I said. first time if company want to be pioneer, it could be harder. but if it is successful, people will follow that way. I didn't say that I am ignoring convenience of ITS. important fact is that first start is more crucial how you work with it for consumers. however how do you know most people don't care about high quality of music? how do you know? can you prove it? how, huh? you see. CD is already very much higher quality. it's like more than 1000kpbs, allright? but people seem to choose the covenience, and easy way to get music at home. it is difference to make. so the same thing will be happened the side of movies. why don't you understand English as you're native English? I am even understanding what people say. I am not native. read from the beginning to the end. then say it.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
im still suprised that disney hasnt uploaded all their animated movies, but then again, i dotn really care since i dont like disney and most of its subsideraries (cept pixar of course)

i think it wont spike up until someone like sony or warner brothers joins up with movies. I know sony has been rumored and wb even has its own section for tv shows.., so i wouldnt be suprised if it did(frankyl, ifd just liek them to upload looney tunes/tom and jerry shorts on the shorts section....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The Toon Master said:
im still suprised that disney hasnt uploaded all their animated movies, but then again, i dotn really care since i dont like disney and most of its subsideraries (cept pixar of course)

I'm wondering how iTunes will mesh with the traditional Disney model of putting their prized products on the market for brief periods and then pulling them to create demand....

tomcahill

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2008
movie rental selection

Is it just me, or are you somewhat disappointed that the selection of Movies on iTMS isn't expanding?

My preference is to rent movies. While the number of new movies available to buy through itunes seems to be increasing the delay in being able to rent them bugs me. Does anyone know why you can rent a new release at blockbuster but only buy the same release on itunes?

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Is it just me, or are you somewhat disappointed that the selection of Movies on iTMS isn't expanding?

Anyone else have issue with the actual quality of films in the rental section? I've been looking at the UK section, and looking at the rottentomatoes scores, there are a lot of duds in there. Anyone else agree?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.