itunes movie sync... help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Diwata, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Diwata macrumors newbie

Diwata

:confused: Hi I am a newbie here and my iPod touch is my first iPod, my question:

When I sync a movie from itunes, all the playlists in my Ipod touch disappeared. Apparently, my playlists were replaced by the movie which I think is weird considering that the movie went under the Video. Why is it that the playlists were affected? Can I still recover my playlists which had disappeared from my Touch (there are no more songs in my Touch :() ? My problem is that the playlists/songs are no longer with my itunes music library?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

MJ

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Perhaps the movie is so large that there's no space for any music anymore. What size is the movie and what size is your iPod touch ? How much free space does it say is remaining ?

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

:apple:hmmm, no if the movie was too big i twould not delete the media that was already on there. perhaps it was just a flaw or a glitch in the system, i would just restore and resync your itunes library. Good luck:apple:

4. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

No the movie is not large, it's just actually a podcast movie of Nike and my Touch is 8 gb, still so much free space on it. Can I still recover my songs though it's no longer in the library? Maybe the songs are hidden somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

5. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

Does my Touch is defective then?

6. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Probably not. How did you sync the movie? Manually or automatically?

7. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

I just downloaded the short movie from iTunes (Nike ID of Ronaldinho)...actually I did convert it first using the iTunes cuz the file could not be played in iTunes. After I converted it, I sync with my Touch...did I do something wrong then cuz my playlists in my Touch were deleted? Thanks for the help...

8. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Well you could try to reproduce the Touch's behaviour. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe it's a bug in iTunes.

If you click on the following headers for syncing, are the playlists gone as well or are they only un-checked?

Attached Files:

9. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

The playlists are gone leaving only the "On-The-Go"... :(
    Could you please help me how to load a video/movie manually friend?
    Thanks in advance

10. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Has all your music in iTunes vanished, or is it all still in the library (not talking about the iPod touch, just the computer) ?

11. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

Actually the music in my Touch has been synced from another iTunes (of my brother-in-law) when I vacationed in England and now am back in Manila... I have a few songs in my iTunes library but I just want, if possible to have my original playlists back. Thanks for your help!

12. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

That explains a lot. Syncing to the second iTunes library must have erased all the old content on the iPod touch. And that's how it is supposed to work, sorry.

Try to get the original content on DVD or hard disk and import it to your iTunes library.

13. Diwata thread starter macrumors newbie

Diwata

Thanks, but I downloaded a podcast before & it didn't affect the music file, I still had the playlist then.

Thanks for the replies guys