iTunes movie syncs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thekb, Jan 12, 2012.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I am trying to manage my movies that are synced to my iPad and have questions.

I have 400 movies in my iTunes library and about 5 are currently on my ipad. I want to uncheck those 5 and pick another 5, or I want to uncheck 3 of them and add 4 news ones, whatever. My question is, is there anyway to view the synced movies other than thumbnails. It's a real pain to scroll through hundreds of thumbnails in search of the checked boxes to see what is already syncing and it's like a needle in a haystack. Is there a way to have iTunes show me only the synced movies?\\\ Or better yet, show only the movies that are currently set for sync?

I hope this is making sense. Thanks

2. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Would love to know as well. It's bloody awful for syncing movies. As you say, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I wish there was a folder system built into itunes at the very least. I know you can do movies as playlists but that doesn't really do the job properly.

3. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

How would the movie playlists help you locate which movies are currently synced?

Surely there are other viewing options we have yet to discover?

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

You don't use the typical itunes movie list that appears in your ipad/iphone screens. You make a normal playlist in itunes, drag and drop any movies you want into the playlist from your itunes movies and then sync.

Those movies/vids etc will then appear on your ipad/phone in the normal way.

That way you use the playlist and not the iphone/ipad movie tab to organize your movies. If you want to delete a movie, just take it out of the playlist.

It's an okay system but I'd still like it better if I could do it within the phone/pad movie tab.

5. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess we're the only two with this problem ...

But here's another one, how come sometimes when I try to sync movies to my iPad, it just won't do it? I select them in the movies tab and hit sync, then it "looks like" it is syncing, but it does not copy the movie over?

----------

And let me add one more question to this, not movie related, but something I saw when syncing my iPad. As it was transferring purchases from iPad to iMac, one of the apps that said it was syncing was something called ""prozhezhi", which I have never heard of. Any idea what that could be?