iTunes movies disappearing from iTunes Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emjaycee18, Apr 15, 2016.

1. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

I had the Quentin Tarantino movie bundle on my wish list for sometime now, and the other day I noticed it was removed. Looked around the iTunes Store, and the bundle was no where to be found. Did some digging and it seems it was removed because Pulp Fiction is no longer available for purchase, but it is still available to rent. Two days later the same thing happened with Kill Bill Volume 1. Still in the iTunes Store, but now can only be rented. Kill Bill Volume 1 was actually on sale earlier this week before it disappeared. Ironically, Kill Bill Volume 2 is still in the store to be purchased at it's current full price; but that's two Tarantino movies in 2 days that are no longer able to be purchased.

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

you should of bought it! once you buy something , you can keep it , and it will stay in their store for you forever for you to download again.. even if iTunes removes it later. heck. i got Dr Danger season 2 "yemen" in iTunes and i can watch it or download it, even though its nowhere to be found. same for other weird apps, like the original iPhone 4 case program or Ultimate Warrior's Soundboard.

I've heard books are one thing that you cant get back from recent purchases

3. emjaycee18 thread starter macrumors regular

You're right, I should have bought it....but for one reason or another I didn't. I have Beauty and the Beast and Lion King in my collection on iTunes, so trust me I'm aware that they don't take it away once you purchase it. I'm more curious if this is a glitch since they are still showing up as rentals.

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

yeah maybe its like net fix or over the air television and they routinely change rights back and forth