iTunes Movies don't show in correct field!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theipodgod16, Sep 27, 2007.

1. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

So I've downloaded about 4 or 5 music videos this week. iTunes places them in the Music source but not the Movies source on the left side of iTunes. Now, the TV shows I've downloaded do show up in the TV shows source, but the music videos wont.

I've consolidated my library, tried dragging and dropping, I've gone to the "Get Info" for each file and tried to manually change the kind, under the video tab, from "Music Video" to "movie", but the drop down bar is blacked out.

I've even gone to the apple store and showed them. I've un and Re installed itunes.

What else is there to possibly fix this? anyone?

2. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

do you guys think that trashing my preference files would do the trick? or just spotlighting itunes and deleting everything, then re-downloading iTunes?

3. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Music videos never show up in movies unless (some bands format) their so called videos as Quicktime movies. imho.

You can make a smart playlist to identify them by type of file, and group them that way, or you can make regular playlists as if they were music.

I make regular playlists that say like "Videos - Coldplay - Austin" and "Videos - Coldplay - Studio" and "Videos - Camila" and "Videos - U2"...

--- that way they all fall together near the bottom my of regular source list or I can put them all into a folder "video playlists"

When you put them on an iPod they will show up in your music playlists AND your video playlists but if you play them from the music side you will only get the audio.

4. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

but at the apple store, even their music videos are in thumbnails under movies. I'd like to do that to mine as well. any ideas?

5. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

i don't think you can make music videos behave like the itunes store's presentations in your iTunes app's browser windows.

Well they show up in Coverflow along with album covers for music, but that's not what you mean, i think.

On your video-capable iPods or at least i noticed on the iPhone when you scroll through video playlists you see the still shot the band picked for a video, i guess that's sort of a thumbnail approach, but just one at a time.