iTunes movies SD or HD?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by awintersdaybyth, Oct 21, 2015.

1. awintersdaybyth macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 32 " TV that supports 1080p. Really simple question, will I notice a difference in image quality between SD and HD on an Apple TV?

The inter webs don't seem to be able to help me answer this!

2. bluechair1984 macrumors regular

3. awintersdaybyth thread starter macrumors newbie

About 9 feet (or 3 metres) which makes me think I probably won't notice any difference

4. Rigby macrumors 601

I suggest you try it yourself by downloading some free content form the iTunes store in both SD and HD and comparing. This link will open a page with free TV episodes in iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMultiRoom?cc=us&fcId=423404744

If you get one of them in HD, you can download the SD version as well from the store page.

Just remember that the difference will become more obvious if you get a larger screen in the future.

5. FrederikTK macrumors member

FrederikTK

Just check some trailers in the movies app. You can chose between 720 and 1080p in settings

6. awintersdaybyth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, will give that a try with Mr Robot

7. Beerstalker macrumors 6502

Can you see a difference between SD television content/channels and HD television content/channels? How about a difference between DVDs and Blu-Rays?