iTunes Movies showing twice in iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by davidg4781, Sep 14, 2016.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I have 2 movies that are showing as doubled in iTunes, Deadpool and Star Wars Episode VII. Both of these were added using the code from their Blu-ray. I also added The Peanuts Movie about the same time and I am not having an issue with this one. On Apple TV, only one version is showing.

Both have the one I have downloaded and one that's still in the cloud.
    For Star Wars:
    Downloaded is 5.98 GB, Protected MPEG-4 video file
    Cloud is 4.79 GB, Purchased MPEG-4 video file
    Both were purchased and added at the same time, the downloaded one is showing as modified as of right now, but I haven't done anything with it other than check the Get Info.

Deadpool:
    Downloaded is 4.15 GB, Protected MPEG-4
    Cloud is 3.85m Purchased MPEG-4

Should I delete both and download whichever it gives me? I'm a bit concerned that the new one is smaller in size, meaning I may lose quality or something.

These were my first movies I purchased through iTunes so I'm not really familiar with if this is normal or not.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

Happens sometimes. Try logging out of your account and back in in iTunes. That usually re-associates the downloaded movies with the cloud version.

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Sometimes it's the iTunes Extra and not a duplicate.

4. OlekMali macrumors newbie

OlekMali

-- It worked like charm for me (iTunes on Windoze10). In the past, I tried different things including deleting my library file and recreating the content by scanning the library on the hard drive. However, that either never worked, or worked for a short time until someone in my family purchased a new movie. I'm glad I found your post. Thank you!