Itunes movies to dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by camuk, Jan 15, 2011.

1. camuk macrumors newbie

Dear All,

Despite having my mac for a year I am still a newbie. I have several movies I have purchased from Itunes (having read some of the other comments not this was a wise thing to do)

I would like to burn a movie onto a dvd for a standalone tv. The idea is to let our little one watch his movies without us at home with the passwords!

How do I do this? And please dont say apple tv we already have to many mac items in the house!

I presume I need to remove the DRM, I have found some which will do it for music but not movies and then download another program to burn the movies.

We are on Itunes 10.1.1 and the mac we are using to burn is a Mac os X 2.66 GHz intel i5.

Many thanks in advance

2. simsaladimbamba

We can't help you with removing DRM from iTunes purchased content, as it would be violating the forum rules (and I got a warning for only mentioning a way of procuring some piece of software that is 4 years old).

Maybe you can get an older Apple TV from eBay?

3. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

you can burn purchased movies to DVD for backup purposes, but not to play them in a DVD player.

4. camuk thread starter macrumors newbie

No more Apple products we have 5 at last count! And dual boot on one! No more!

5. camuk thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

7. charlituna, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Do NOT use that method. It is hideous. iTunes encapsulates the files in such a way that you can't restore them without iTunes.

Easiest way is just to attach a hard drive, go to your iTunes folder and copy the whole dang thing to the drive.

Backed up and if you need to find one file you can